||A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Maxine Valdez (Kenya 198081)
- Me Here in Kenya I Am Fine: Walking the Peace Corps Road, Winlock Publishing Co., 2004 (Buy this book)
Brandon L. Valentine (Jamaica 200003)
- 85 Days in Cuba: A True Story about Friendship and Struggle, iUniverse, 2006 (Buy this book)
Mark Valle (Zimbabwe 199596)
Jackie Van Anda (Honduras, 1976-78)
- When Workers Decide: Workplace Democracy Takes Root in North America, Editors Krimerman, Ed & Lindenfled, Frank, includes chapter "Colt Enterprises, Inc: Union Based Self-Determination in Texas," by Van Anda, New Society Publishers; 1992
- Bangkok Only Yesterday, Hong Kong Publishing 1982
- Kukrit Pramoj: His Wit and Wisdom, Bangkok: D.K. Books, 1983
- Insight Pocket Guide Bangkok, Insight Guides, 1989; 5th ed 2001 (Buy this book)
- Insight Pocket Guide Phuket, Insight Guides, 1990
- Nepal, with photographer Bill Wassman, Odyssey Pub. 1990
- Insight Pocket Guide Chiang Mai, Insight Guides, 1991
- Insight Pocket Guide Tibet, Insight Guides, 1993
- Travelers' Tales Thailand, contributor, Travelers' Tales Inc., 1993
- Thailand, Milan: White Star Editions, 1994
- Insight Pocket Guide Thailand, Insight Guides, 1994
- A Day in the Live of Thailand, with David Cohen and Susan Wells, San Francisco: Collins Publishing, 1995
- Bangkok City Guide, APA Productions, 2nd ed 1995
- The Chao Phya, River in Transition, Oxford University Press, 1995 (Buy this book)
- Travelers' Tales Nepal, contributor, Travelers' Tales Inc., 1997 (Buy this book)
- The Arts of Thailand, with Luca Invernizzi photographer, Thames and Hudson Periplus Editions, 1999 (Buy this book)
- Bangkok Then and Now, AB Publications, 2000 (Buy this book) in English, German and Thai
- Slithering South, Hong Kong: Wind & Water Books, 2002
- Travelers' Tales San Francisco, contributor, Travelers' Tales Inc., 2002 (Buy this book)
D. Michael Van de Veer (Liberia)
- War Stories: Extraordinary Correspondence from American Wars, contributor, edited by Andrew Carroll, Scribner, 2001 (Buy this book)
Judith Lieberman Van Hoorn (Korea 196769)
- Growing Up Scared: The Psychological Effects of the Nuclear Threat on Children. Berkely: Open Books, 1986. co-editor & contributor
- Looking at Children's Play: A Bridge between Theory and Practice (Early Childhood Education Series) co-editor. New York, NY : Teachers College Press, 1987. (Buy this book)
- Play at the Center of the Curriculum editor... [et al.]. New York : Merrill ; Toronto: Maxwell Macmillan Canada ; New York : Maxwell Macmillan International, 1993; Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Merrill, Prentice Hall 1998. (Buy this book)
- Adolescent Development and Rapid Social Change: Perspectives from Eastern Europe, editor, Albany: State University of New York Press, (Buy this book)
Tom Vandegrift (Lesotho 199901)
Michael J. Vavrus (Ethiopia 197274)
- Transforming the Multicultural Education of Teachers: Theory, Research, and Practice, Teachers College Press, 2002 (Buy this book)
Robert Veatch (Nigeria 196264)
- Death Inside Out: The Hastings Center Report, edited with Peter Steinfels, New York: Harper & Row, 1975.
- Ethics and Health Policy, edited with Roy Branson, Cambridge, Mass. : Ballinger Pub. Co., 1976.
- Death, Dying, and the Biological Revolution: Our Last Quest for Responsibility, New Haven : Yale University Press, 1976; revised editon 1989.
- Value-Freedom in Science and Technology: A Study of the Importance of the Religious, Ethical, and Other Socio-Cultural Factors in Selected Medical Decisions Regarding Birth Control, Missoula, Mont. : Published by Scholars Press for Harvard theological review, 1976.
- Case Studies in Medical Ethics, Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1977.
- Population Policy and Ethics: The American Experience: A Project of the Research Group on Ethics and Population of the Institute of Society, Ethics and the Life Sciences, New York: Irvington Publishers: distributed by Halsted Press, 1977.
- Life Span: Values and Life-extending Technologies, editor, San Francisco : Harper & Row, 1979.
- A Theory of Medical Ethics, New York: Basic Books, 1981.
- Cases in Bioethics: From the Hastings Center Report, edited with Carol Levine,, Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y. : Hastings Center, 1982; Rev. ed. 1984.
- The Foundations of Justice: Why the Retarded and the Rest of Us Have Claims to Equality, New York : Oxford University Press, 1986.
- Case Studies in Nursing Ethics, with Sara T. Fry, Philadelphia : Lippincott, 1987; 2nd edition, Sudbury, Mass. : Jones & Bartlett, 2000.
- The Patient As Partner: A Theory of Human-experimentation Ethics, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1987.
- Cross Cultural Perspectives in Medical Ethics, editor, Boston : Jones and Bartlett, 1989, 2nd ed. 2000.
- Cross Cultural Perspectives in Medical Ethics: Readings, editor, Boston : Jones and Bartlett, 1989, 2nd ed. 2000. (Buy this book)
- The Patient-Physician Relation: The Patient As Partner, part 2, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1991.
- Ethics, Trust, and the Professions: Philosophical and Cultural Aspects, edited with Edmund D. Pellegrino, John P. Langan with the editorial assistance of Virginia Ashby Sharpe, Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Press, 1991.
- Ethical Questions in Dentistry, with James T. Rule, Chicago : Quintessence Pub. Co., 1993.
- Ethical Issues in Death and Dying, edited with Tom L. Beauchamp, 2nd ed.,Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Prentice Hall, 1996.
- Case Studies in Allied Health Ethics, with Harley E. Flack, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1997.
- Medical Ethics, editor, Boston, MA : Jones and Bartlett, 1989; 2nd ed., 1997.
- Advance Directives and Surrogate Decision Making in Health Care: United States, Germany, and Japan, edited with Hans-Martin Sass and Rihito Kimura. Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 1998.
- Source Book in Bioethics, edited with Albert R. Jonsen, LeRoy Walters, Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, 1998.
- Ethics Applied, co-author with Paul deVries and Lisa Newton. Needham Heights, MA: Simon & Schuster, 1999.
- Case Studies in Pharmacy Ethics, with Amy Haddad, New York : Oxford University Press, 1999.
- The Basics of Bioethics, Upper Saddle River, NJ : Prentice Hall, 2000. (Buy this book)
- Transplantation Ethics, Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, 2000 (Buy this book)
Ronald Venezia (Guatemala 196365)
- A Life Inspired: Tales of Peace Corps Service, contributor, DC: Peace Corps/USGPO, 2006
Sarah Ventres (Haiti 1990 91)
- An Inn Near Kyoto:Writing by American Women Abroad (Buy this book), edited by Kathleen Coskran and C. W. Truesdal, Contributor, New Rivers Press, 1998
- Tapestry Crochet, 1991 (Buy this book)
- Mayan Hair Sashes Backstrop Woven in Jacaltenango, Guatemala, Ranchos Palos Verdes CA: Yax te' Press & Quaking Aspen Books, 1996; self-published 2003 (To purchase write author at email@example.com.
- More Tapestry Crochet, self-published 2002 (Buy this book)
Karin Vermilye (Cameroon 200002)
- A Life Inspired: Tales of Peace Corps Service, contributor, DC: Peace Corps/USGPO, 2006
Theodore M. Vestal (Ethiopia staff 1964-66)
- Ethiopia: A Post-Cold War African State, Praeger Publishing, 1999
Bob Vila (Panama 1969-70)
- This Old House, with Jane Davidson, Boston: Little, Brown, 1980; NY: Dutton, 1981 (Co-author)
- This Old House Guide to Building and Remodeling Materials, NY: Warner, 1986
- Bob Vila's Guide to Buying Your Dream House, Boston: Little, Brown, 1990
- Bob Vila's Toolbox: The Ultimate Illustrated Guide to Portable Hand and Power Tools, Morrow, 1993
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic Homes of the Mid-Atlantic, NY: Morrow, 1993
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic Homes of the Northeast, NY: Morrow, 1993
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic Homes of the South, NY: Morrow, 1993
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic Homes of the Midwest and Great Plains, NY: Morrow, 1994
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic Homes of the West, NY: Morrow, 1994
Stephen Vincent (Nigeria 196567)
- Piece by Piece (poems), Nssuka, Nigeria: Redberry/Okike Publications, 1967
- White Lights and Whale Hearts (poems), NY: The Crossing Press, 1971
- The Ballad of Artie Bremer (poems), Momo's Press, 1974
- Five on the Western Edge (poems), with Beau Beausoleil, Steve Brooks, Hilton Obenzinger, and Larry Felson, Momo's Press, 1977
- Now Everyone Knows Childcare (poems), Momo's Press, 1980
- Passage (poems), San Francisco, CA: Meadow Press, 1983
- O California: Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Centure Landscapes and Observations (Buy this book), editor, Paul Mills and Vincent, Bedford Arts, 1989
- Walking (poems), Northhampton, MA: Junction Press, 1993
- A Walk Toward Spicer, Cherry On Top Press, no date
- Sleeping with Sappho, Faux Press, date unknown (faux ebook), no date
- Triggers, Exeter, England: Shearsman Books, 2005 (ebook)
- Exploring the Bancroft Library: The Centennial Guide to Its Extraordinary History, Spectacular Special Collections, Research Pleasures, Its Amazing Future, and How It All Works, editor with Charles B. Faulhaber, Signature Books, 2006 (Buy this book)
- Walking Theory, Junction Press, 2007 (to order)
Paul Violi (Nigeria 1966)
- In Baltic Circles, New York: Kulchur Foundation 1973
- Harmatan (Poems) (Buy this book), drawings by Paula North, Brooklyn, NY: Sun Press (Hanging Loose Press), 1977.
- Splurge (Poems) (Buy this book), Brooklyn, NY: Sun Press (Hanging Loose Press), 1981
- Likewise (Poems) (Buy this book), Brooklyn, NY: Hanging Loose Press, 1988
- The Curious Builder (Poems) (Buy this book), Brooklyn, NY: Hanging Loose Press, 1993
- The Oxford Anthology of Modern American Poetry, contributor, Oxford University Press, no date
- Pushcart Prize 25th Anniversary Edition, contributor, Pushcart Press, no date
- Postmodern American Poetry: A Norton Anthology, contributor, W.W.Norton, 1994
- The Best American Poetry, contributor, Scribner, 1995, 2000
- Fracas (Poems), Brooklyn, NY: Hanging Loose Press, 1999
- Breakers (Selected Long Poems), Minneapolis: Coffee House Press, 2000 (Buy this book)
- The KGB Bar Book of Poems, contributor, Harper Collins, 2000
- Selected Accidents, Pointless Anecdotes, Hanging Loose Press, 2002 (Buy this book) REVIEW
Adele Visel (India 197476)
- Of Brahmins and Lesser Folk: The Tale of Another Peace Corps Grandmother in India NY: Vantage Press. 1979.
Denise Voelker (Niger 198992)
- To Touch the World: The Peace Corps Experience, contributor, Peace Corps/USGPO, DC, 1994, 1995
Toren Volkmann (Paraguay 2003)
- From Binge to Blackout: A Mother and Son Struggle with Teen Drinking, New American Library 2006 (Buy this book)